Zenag Chicken Pie
- 900g Zenag Meaty Bites, chopped
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, corn)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Roll out the pie crust and place it into a 9-inch (23cm) deep-dish pie pan. Prick the bottom and sides of the crust with a fork.
- Bake the crust for 10-12 minutes, or until it is lightly golden.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and mushrooms, and cook until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms are tender.
- Add the chopped Zenag Meaty Bites to the pan and cook until they are browned on all sides.
- Sprinkle the flour, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and dried thyme over the Zenag Meaty Bites mixture, and stir well.
- Gradually add the chicken broth and milk to the pan, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
- Add the frozen mixed vegetables to the pan, and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the pre-baked pie crust.
- Roll out the remaining pie crust and place it on top of the filling, trimming any excess dough around the edges. Cut a few slits in the top of the pie crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake the Chicken Pie for 30-35 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is hot and bubbly.
- Let the pie cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!