Classic Roast Chicken
- 1x Zenag Chicken Wholebird
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Remove the Zenag Chicken Wholebird from the fridge 30 minutes before you want to cook it. The chicken should be at room temperature before it enters the oven. Dry off the skin as thoroughly as possible. The drier the skin, the crispier the chicken will be.
- Preheat the oven to 240°C.
- Drizzle the Zenag Chicken Wholebird with the oil, soy sauce, lemon juice and season well with LOTS of salt and some pepper, then rub all over the whole bird.
- Place the Zenag Chicken Wholebird breast side up onto a roasting pan rack. Roast for 1 hour or until the chicken temperature reads 75°C.
- Stand, covered with aluminium foil for 10 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute back into the meat. This is very important!
- Serve, drizzled with pan juices and roast vegetables.