Sweet Potato Hash
- 4 large Zenag Eggs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large sweet potatoes, unpeeled and diced
- 1 red or green capsicum diced
- 1 teaspoon rosemary leaves
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Heat oil in a large fry pan over medium-high heat. Once the pan is very hot, add the diced sweet potatoes, and salt to taste. Let the potatoes brown in the pan to get a good crispy crust, stirring occasionally. Then cover the pan with aluminium foil or a lid and let cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, dice the red onion, mince the garlic cloves, dice the capsicum and slice the spring onions. Once the sweet potatoes begin to soften, add the onion, garlic, capsicum and green onion to the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes or until the sweet potatoes and capsicums are tender.
- Sprinkle the rosemary over the sweet potatoes and stir. Create 4 wells inside the vegetables to nestle the eggs. Crack one egg into each well.
- Again cover the pan with aluminium foil or a lid and let cook for about 7 to 8 minutes. The yolk should move a little. Remove from the oven, season to taste with salt and freshly cracked pepper.