This delicious Zenag Chicken Scotch Eggs recipe is an easy recipe that can be enjoyed as part of a breakfast, dessert or lunch, paired with your favourite side salad.
While some restaurant will charge high prices for this appetizer, it’s actually not hard to make at home and don’t require a lot of ingredients. Read on to learn how to make Zenag Chicken Scotch Eggs in your own kitchen!
4 Zenag Eggs boil
1 Zenag Egg beaten
400g minced chicken
2 tsp ginger
1 tsp chilli flakes
4 spring onions sliced
4 tsp sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
½ tsp ground pepper
100 gm panko breadcrumbs
1/3 cup all-purpose flour for dredging
- Combine chicken, ginger, chilli flakes, spring onion, sugar, soy sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Divide minced chicken into 4 balls, place each between two greased sheets of parchment and press with a glass to make a thin patty
- Remove paper and wrap chicken around the egg to cover completely
- Make sure to remove excess mince around eggs to form a uniform and moderately thin layer that will cook evenly
- Heat oil to 180 °C, dredge scotch eggs in flour, deep into beaten eggs and pass in breadcrumbs. Repeat egg and breadcrumbs layer if you prefer a thicker crust.
- Fry each ball for 4 minutes (do not overcrowd the pan!) and transfer onto paper towels. Serve hot with your favourite sauce.