Penut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large Zenag eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream Together Butter, Peanut Butter, and Sugars:
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add Eggs and Vanilla:
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, ensuring each is fully incorporated before adding the next. Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Combine Dry Ingredients:
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Incorporate Dry Ingredients:
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Form Cookie Dough Balls:
- Scoop tablespoon-sized portions of dough and roll them into balls. Place them on the prepared baking sheets, leaving enough space between each for the cookies to spread.
- Create Cookie Crosshatch Pattern:
- Using a fork, press a crisscross pattern onto each cookie, flattening them slightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden. The centers may still look slightly soft, but they will firm up as they cool.
- Cool on Baking Sheets:
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once completely cooled, enjoy your delicious homemade peanut butter cookies!
Feel free to customize the recipe by adding chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or any other ingredients you like. Happy baking!